Monday, April 28, 2008

Have Fun, Help Others, and Make a Lot of Money - No Worms Involved

In looking at business options, I have seen many ways that claim to be the path to earning a lot of money. However, I stumbled across a business in yesterday's newspaper that I found quite intriguing. It's the business of marketing earthworms. Now, if you think it's difficult to sell cookware, candles, vitamins or cosmetics, think about how you'd go about selling live, slippery, worms. There's no doubt this is a niche market. It turns out that the owner of this business actually started out as a home business entrepreneur who answered an ad for farming earthworms. The startup cost was $500 for a kit but the worms were small and the company never purchased the subsequent worm offspring as promised.

Not to be defeated, however, this worm farmer looked for other ways to make his business profitable. As a result, he no longer breeds and raises his own worms, but has become a broker for a large European worm farmer. It seems that worms grow bigger and juicier in Europe than they do in the United States. These millions of worms come packed in boxes and the broker weighs or counts the worms out into small cups which are sold to bait shops. How would you like to spend your working hours donning gloves and placing earthworms into cups? There were actually pictures of friends and relatives who assist the business owner in this endeavor.

As I was reading this amazing article, I started thinking about my own home business. What a contrast selling earthworms is to having a conversation with people. Of course I have to do some marketing to attract the people who are looking for my expertise and assistance. Then I simply have a conversation with these people to help us both discover what their goals and needs are. From there, it's simply a matter of using a proven system to further educate and answer questions. At this point, my clients make a decsision as to whether they would like to earn money doing what I do or not.

You are probably wondering what it is that I actually sell. Quite simply it's three different personal development products. There is a broad market for these products - after all, most of us are interested in becoming better human beings. The personal development business generated over 9 billion dollars last year. People are eager to learn better ways to think, live and communicate with others. People are also eager to make a very decent income, think multiple six figures potentially, without spending a lot of time away from their families. My purposes in life have been to help other people achieve health and happiness , to have time for gardening and enjoying my home on Lake Murray, and to have the resources to travel with my friends and family. I also enjoy feeling productive and donating my time and money to causes I am passionate about. Money opens a lot of doors, doesn't it?

With our Liberty League International home based business, I am better able than ever to realize these goals. I may buy a few earthworms and teach my grandson how to fish from our dock. Otherwise, I'll leave that business alone. I don't think many people are making a million dollars from earthworms. But personal development is a different story entirlely. If you'd like to find out exactly what I do everyday, contact me through this blog or give me a call at the number below. Life is too precious to waste it on unpleasant and unproductive pursuits. Let's have fun, help others, and make a lot of money - no worms involved.

To Your Success,
Sandra Hayes
email prosperitytoday@bellsouth.net
website www.achieveprosperitytoday.com
telephone 803-364-3918

No comments: