Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Business For Myself - Not By Myself

Anyone who reads such books as The Science of Getting Rich, Secrets of the Millionaire Mind, or Think and Grow Rich has learned some basic facts. One obvious fact concerning wealth is that it is not possible to acquire true wealth by trading one's time for money. And trading time for money is what employees do every day. Those who acquire true wealth work for themselves by owning their own business. Most people with vision brainstorm ways to start their own businesses. Are you one of these people? Are you looking for a way to start a business for yourself? How about partnering with some others with vision who already have a proven product and business model in place? Wouldn't it be simpler to go into business for yourself but not by yourself?

Honestly, I didn't see myself as a business owner for most of my life. My vision of myself was a dutiful employee who let someone else worry about the bottom line. Years of living this way proved to me that I was selling my time to someone who didn't value it nearly as much as I do. I had dreams and goals that I was never going to achieve unless I had the courage to take a different approach. This is the reason only 3% of people actually take the step to entrepreneurship. It takes the courage to make a change! It takes courage to take a risk. But this risk is much lower than the risk of coming to the end of life with unfulfilled dreams and goals.

I thank God everyday that Ed and I attracted Liberty League International into our lives. This company, its products, and its business model were simple enough for us to start immediately. And they are lucrative enough to give us the financial resources we desire to meet some big goals. And for someone like me, who was a afraid to truly to go it alone, I found a community of other successful people who have taught me what they know to assist me in this journey. I am secure in being in business for myself, with the rewards and challenges that brings. I am also blessed to be surrounded by others who keep me from being in business totally by myself.

God created us for greatness, not mediocrity. He put a desire for great achievements into our hearts and minds. And then he gave us the freedom to seek ways to accomplish what we hope is possible. Better yet, He gave us each other for companionship and support. I pray that I honor the gift of my life by investing it wisely as a good steward. I only get one chance at today. I am truly grateful for the opportunity I have to assist others in finding a business for themselves but not by themselves.

To Your Success In Business and In Life,
Sandra Hayes
prosperitytoday@bellsouth.net
803-364-3918

No comments: