Monday, April 27, 2009

An Amazingly Perfect Day

Today is an amazingly perfect day in so many ways. The weather and the fact that I am totally in control of my time and activities all contribute to my sense of well-being. I am remembering a time about 10 or 11 years ago when our family was vacationing at this very spot. I was working as a nurse in Florida and our girls were still in High School. I sat on the deck of our cottage here by the lake and visualized myself working on my computer from this very spot. And here I sit today! It is so powerful to realize we can create any situation and outcome we desire.

My husband and I had a delicious and nutritious breakfast after which I worked on getting our garden plot prepared for the plants soon to grow there. Growing our own organic vegetables has also been a dream I had pushed to the back burner for lack of time. Now that we work our own business from home, we exercise more and eat a far better diet than we did when we worked full time for someone else.

Another perfect event that occurred today was a call from our daughter in Florida. We chat often and are in the process of planning our next bit of time together. When I was employee, both in Florida and here in South Carolina, I had to budget and beg for time off to visit relatives or take a vacation. In fact, we usually combined the two to maximize our time. Now I visit both our daughters every month or two. This is especially important since I want to make sure my 3 grandchildren know me as the Nana who is both familiar and fun.

Now I'm hard at work. Getting ready to call a gentleman in Greece who is interested in changing his status from employee to business owner. I spoke with him briefly last evening on Skype and he was at work finishing a project - it was 2:00 AM his time! It will be 10 PM in Greece when I call him back because he had another long day of work to complete first.

How about your day? Has it been as amazingly perfect as mine? If not, think about the reasons. If it's a job you don't enjoy, contact me. If more money would give you more options, contact me. I may not answer the phone or your email immediately, but I will soon. I'm in and out of my office here on the porch often.

To your perfect day,
Sandra Hayes
803-609-7003

No comments: