Thursday, September 20, 2007

Define Simple Business

When someone decides they've had enough of working for someone else and are ready to start their own business, what criteria matter the most? Most people look for such things as profitability, start-up costs, training or expertise required, and marketability. Many of us who are now home based entrepreneurs talked to other entrepeneurs and searched the internet or business opportunity section of newspapers and magazines. Some may have read books on how to start a business. So how do you actually define a simple business that you or I can make a lot of money doing?

For Ed and me it wasn't very hard. We talked to someone already in the business. He had us listen to a 25 minute business overview call which explained the nuts and bolts of everything. The call pretty much answered all the questions we had. Sounded very lucrative and ingenious to us. In fact, the longer we're a part of this company and the more time we spend with the co-founders, the simpler the whole thing becomes.

Just today one of the co-founders was talking about how important it is to keep this business simple so that other, average people like us, can also make an extraordinary amount of money without having to learn of lot of skills or spend too much time at it. His premise is that we only truly succeed when we are having fun doing what we do. In fact, we actually do an adult form of Simon Says. This really workis for me because my goals are simple. I want to make a lot of money without spending a lot of time doing it so I can spend time doing other things.

Those other things include volunteer work, sailing, reading, and travelling. Also, I know that I will succeed only to the degree that I am serving others. You see, my purpose is all about making a difference and glorifying my creator. So, when I define a simple business, it really has to be simple. Because I don't have time to learn and do a lot of complicated things. Life is too short.

To Your Success,
Sandra Hayes
1-800-852-7695
prosperitytoday@bellsouth.net

No comments: